Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Beauty

2010.04.25_KAM_0024

Nature is not primarily functional. It is primarily beautiful. Which is to say, beauty is in and of itself a great and glorious good, something we need in large and daily doses (for our God has seen fit to arrange this). Nature at the height of its glory shouts, Beauty is Essential! revealing that Beauty is the essence of God. … Beauty reminds us of an Eden we have never known, but somehow know our hearts were created for. … It haunts us with eternity. Beauty says, There is a glory calling you. And if there is a glory, there is a source of glory. What great goodness could have possibly created this? What generosity gave us this to behold? Beauty draws us to God.
~ Captivating, John and Stasi Elderedge

One thing have I asked of the Lord, that I will seek after:
That I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life,
To gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to inquire in his temple.
~Psalm 27:4

2 comments:

  1. beautiful, Katherine. I love this picture, and appreciate your thoughts. And, that is why I love photography, because it helps me see beauty in a brand new way!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!