Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Consider this my own personal pep talk

20120204_KAM_0001

"Sun's gonna rise in a mile
In mile you"ll be feeling fine...
You'll be outta the dark
You'll get your shot"

"Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did."

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work"
-Thomas Edison

Perseverance? Endurance? Yeah, those are not strengths of mine. For example, I begged my mom for months to teach me how to read, but when we started school I was shocked to find out learning to reading was going to take more than one day. My poor mom had one very frustrated four year old to deal with after that revelation.

For the past couple of months, I've felt stuck in a rut. However, it's been more like I've been sitting in the corner pouting to God saying, "This is hard. I don't like this situation. Make it go away?" I become a drama queen and start quoting Lamentations 3:17-18 to Him when I pray. My soul is bereft of peace; I have forgotten what happiness is is; so I say, "My endurance has perished; so has my hope from the Lord." Then God is all, "There is more to that chapter, woman! You should read it and trust me!"

But this I call to mind, and therefore I have hope:
The steadfast love of Lord never ceases, his mercies never come to an end;
They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.
"The Lord is my portion." says my soul, "therefore I will hope in him."
The Lord is good to those who wait for him, to the soul who seeks him.
Lamentations 3:21-25

I, Katherine, need to take my eyes off myself and look to God. I need to remind myself who God is. He is faithful. When I fail, He is faithful. He remembers I am but dust. He is full of compassion. He is merciful and gracious. Christ stands at the right hand of God interceding for me all day, every day. Nothing in all creation will separate me from His love.*

Here's NOT sitting in the corner pouting, but running the race with endurance, eyes set on Jesus.
Further up and further in.

*see Psalm 103, Romans 8, Hebrews 7

2 comments:

  1. Katherine, I understand how you feel. Been there, I think we all have. But remember the verse, "and this too shall pass." :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katherine,
    Nice photographs, ditto on the 'and this too shall pass'.

    "I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me"
    Philippians 4:13

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!