Thursday, February 7, 2013

In the Raw...

2013-02-07_001 January carried goodbyes I didn’t want to say. It brought heavy expectations laid on my shoulders by well meaning people. Hopelessness flirted with my soul, and I entertained it. I didn’t want to talk to God.

Trusting Him seemed like foolishness. His kindnesses were cruel. That’s what I wanted to say. But every time those thoughts made their entrance, “The Lord is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in love.” (Psalm 103:8) replayed itself like a drum loop over and over again. Battle being waged for my soul and I couldn’t decide if I wanted to believe the slander against His character.

I dwell in a lions’ den. The lions are lies. They could tear me apart and eat me alive. But God has shut their mouths. I can choose to be afraid. That would certainly be reasonable to anyone watching. Or I can rest safely while waiting for the light of day.

At the first light of dawn, the king got up and hurried to the lions’ den. When he came near the den, he called to Daniel in an anguished voice, “Daniel, servant of the living God, has your God, whom you serve continually, been able to rescue you from the lions?”

Daniel answered, “May the king live forever! My God sent his angel, and he shut the mouths of the lions. They have not hurt me, because I was found innocent in his sight. Nor have I ever done any wrong before you, Your Majesty.”

The king was overjoyed and gave orders to lift Daniel out of the den. And when Daniel was lifted from the den, no wound was found on him, because he had trusted in his God. ~ Daniel 6:19-23

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!