Tuesday, July 3, 2012

{Thankful} for my dog.

20120616_KAM_0001

I’m thankful for my dog. She’s a constant reminder that God pays attention to the little things.

I’ve loved collies since I can remember. I mean, what girl doesn’t want a Lassie in her life? When I was twelve, my brother and I began a campaign to get a pet. We started small. “Mom, Dad, can we have a bird?” We’ll take good care of it!” (In hindsight, I have no idea what made us think a bird was a good idea.) They didn’t buy it. So we went bigger and started asking for a cat, then a small dog.

Eventually, I saw an ad in the newspaper from a rescue shelter advertising a collie. I wrote around the photo asking God for that dog. I didn’t anticipate anyone seeing it, but my dad found it before the paper was thrown away. He contacted the shelter. While we didn’t that particular dog, (she was 14 years old, and they didn’t want to give to a family with young kids) we did end up in touch with a collie rescue organization. Through them we received two pure bred collies.

So whenever I see Tracy, I’m reminded God pays attention to little things.

Right now she’s laying next to me on the living room floor attempting to get me to touch her instead of the keyboard. She’s winning. Talk later, guys.

“In all the setbacks in the life as a believer, God is plotting for your joy.” -Piper

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!